Girls’ Section 2021 – 2022
Dear respected parents/students of grades 7 – 12,
We are heading back to school with book bags, lunch boxes in tow-and with masks and sanitizers as new additions to school requirements!
We pray that it will be a safe and healthy year for all.
For the safety and well-being of all, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Social distancing is necessary at all times.
- Wearing of facemasks is required while in school.
- Physical contact is not allowed.
- Proper hygiene is required at all times
- Do not share your personal belongings with anyone.
- You are required to bring your own food and water.
- You must enter/dismiss the campus in an orderly fashion. Keeping in mind, social distancing at all times.
- According to the directives from the Ministry of Education / Ministry of Health, your breaks will be in your classes.
- Assemblies/Physical Education classes/use of the outdoor playgrounds is currently not allowed.
- Parents/guardians cannot enter the school without appointments. Additionally, no parent is permitted to visit or accompany their child to classes.
According to the rules of the Ministry of Education and Al Rowad International Schools, we would like to reiterate the policies and regulations related to the school uniform, attendance, behavior, etc.
- Head Cover: It is mandatory for all students (grades 7- 12) when entering and leaving the school premises to wear an abaya and head cover. Abayas are to be discreet in color and should not draw attention due to their design/color.
- Hair Dyeing: It is against school rules for students to attend school in outlandish hair colors. Mobile Phones: It is prohibited to bring cell phones to school. If found, they will be taken away and kept according to the MOE rules.
- Leaving campus: Students are not allowed to leave campus under any circumstances unless their names have been called. Surveillance cameras are placed around the perimeter of the school for safety and security.
- Sick leave / absence: will not be accepted, unless a medical report is presented to the school on the next school day.
Please remember that precious learning time will be lost when your children are absent and it cannot be compensated. Any unexcused absenteeism will dealt according to the Ministry of Education guidelines.
- Makeup, accessories and general clothing:
- Makeup: In a school environment, is frowned upon.
- Accessories and jewelry are not allowed. A student is only allowed to wear a watch (not a smart watch) and single stud earrings. Multiple earrings, bangles and gold accessories should not be worn to school.
- Crop tops/tube tops and the like are not considered part of the school uniform. School shoes should be flat in nature, preferably sneakers.
- Long nails and polished nails are not allowed.
- Tattoos are not allowed. In addition, nose rings are not allowed.
- Caffeinated drinks are not allowed.
- Buying/selling of personal items and trading is a definite no.
- It is not allowed to order food from outside.
- Salah is mandatory.
- Vandalism: If a student is caught vandalizing the school property (graffiti, drawing on furniture, glass breakage and general property destruction), they will be dealt with sternly and may face expulsion.
- Bullying: Being an International school that hosts so many nationalities, we take pride in creating a global community in which we respect all cultures. At our school, we take bullying very seriously and will take any action, including expulsion, to prevent its occurrence
Respect each other at all time .Disagreements will be settled by discussing the problem and seeking a solution that is fair to all concerned…
- Students should be polite to one another and to all staff members.
We apologize for the lengthy letter, but your children’s education and well-being are a priority, and we hope that we can work together in achieving the school vision and mission to make the school a safe and nurturing place for everyone.
By receiving, this letter you agree to all terms and conditions included in this document.
We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for your kind understanding.