After extensive study, AIS has adopted schoology.com as its online learning platform. This Sunday, /15/3/2020, is the first day of online lessons. We are proud to announce that 98% of our students attended today’s lessons.
To facilitate your experience, here is a list of the frequently asked questions.
- How can I create a Schoology account?
Please watch this video to learn how to sign up for the Schoology Platform.
- I entered my username and password but could not log in.
Please ensure that you write the school name as AlRowad International Schools (not Al-Rowad or Arrowad).
- How can I access my courses?
You can find the Schoology Access Codes of all subjects in the weekly plan on MyAIS. Copy and paste the Schoology codes as demonstrated in this video.
- How can I access Schoology?
You can access the courses using a PC or a tablet. The mobile application version does not support all features.
- Now I have joined my courses, what should I do?
You will be taught by the same classroom teacher. The teacher will upload teaching and learning materials for you to study. You can access the materials at any convenient time 24/7.
- I have studied the learning materials, but I still have some questions. What should I do?
You can write to your teacher at any time whether in the discussion forum or via messages. The teacher responds on the times specified in the timetable. You can find the timetable here
- Will teachers be giving live lessons?
No, there are no live lessons at the moment. Your teachers will be online to support you via discussion forums and messages.
- I enrolled in the wrong course. What should I do?
Write a message to the teacher and ask him/her to unenroll you.
- When will the online lessons end?
It will end on Thursday, 16th April 2020.
- How will I be assessed by the end of the course?
There is no formal assessment such as quizzes or examinations. However, your teacher will use formative assessment throughout the online study period.
- I did not attend the online. Would that affect my grades?
There is no mark for attendance. If you miss a lesson, the teacher will respond to your questions or you can still access the online materials.
- My child is too young to use the platform. How should I support him/her?
For younger learners such as KG students, parents are expected to dedicate some time to support their child(ren) during this period.
Please note that this is a new process in an emergency situation. Your cooperation and support is vital so that our students can benefit as much as possible.