The Remedial Educational Support Program (RESP)
What is Remedial Education?
- A specific method of instruction/teaching;
- Based on specific deficits in the performance of a child;
- Starts after collecting relevant information about the child’s performance;
- Develops on the strengths;
- Fills in the gaps in learning;
- Enables child to achieve academic skills.
Benefits of the Remedial Programme:
- Students will receive learning activities and practical experiences according to their abilities and needs.
- Class size will be small. “The idea is for your child to get more individual attention than is possible in a large class.”
- Well-designed learning environment helps to maintain pupils’ attention and interest in learning.
- Geared to the learning needs of individual pupils, the Programme aims to reinforce the foundation of learning, helps pupils overcome their learning difficulties and develops their potentials.
- Remedial teachers will help pupils develop good learning habits and attitudes.
- Students will be helped to master basic self-learning skills and abilities, such as note taking and reading skills.
Print This Page